WebLink - One Trade Ahead
Concurrent Login Prevention FAQ
If you are being logged out frequently and unexpectedly, please try the following:
- If you use two separate browsers (eg Internet Explorer and Netscape) to access this
site simultaneously, then they will cause each other to log out. However it is OK to
use multiple windows of the same browser.
- You may be sharing your account with a friend, or trying to use two computers
at the same time. These are not allowed under the new ASX guidelines. Please
contact us or use our
online registration system if you require additional accounts.
- Someone may have stolen your login details. Try changing your password. Do not disclose
your login details to anyone else.
- Try completely closing and restarting your browser. This is a general troubleshooting
tip for all browser related problems.
- When starting a second Internet Explorer window, try using Ctrl+N or the file menu
instead of using the Start menu or the Quick Links toolbar. This causes Internet Explorer to
handle per-session cookies in a more reliable manner.
- If you have cookie filtering software, or your cookies are disabled, this could
cause problems. Make sure cookies are enabled. See the FAQ below for more details on this.
- Avoid logging into one computer with two separate accounts at the same time. This
may cause problems and is generally unnecessary.
- If problems persist, please contact us for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What can I do if I keep getting logged out?
Read through the above troubleshooting guide. If these don't help, please contact us.
- Why have you added this restriction?
This restriction has been implemented to comply with the new ASX policy guidelines
regarding access to ASX stock market data. Many people have been sharing their
accounts with their friends, which costs the ASX and WebLink. Please also see
WebLink's terms and conditions of use.
- Can I use my account from work and at home?
Yes. You may use your account from as many locations as you wish, as long as only
one is logged in at a time. If you log in at a new computer, the previous computer is
- Can I use multiple computers at home?
Unfortunately no. We understand that some people like to use two or more computers
to spread out and see more at once. It is technically not possible to distinguish between
one person using one account on two computers, and two people using one account
on two computers.Therefore this is not allowed either.
- Can I use two or more monitors at home?
Yes. If you connect several monitors to the one computer then you can still spread out.
Newer versions of Windows supports multiple graphics adapters (which can be purchased
at your local computer hardware shop fairly cheaply).
- Can I purchase additional logins?
If you are interested in additional accounts, please contact us
to discuss our discount rates.
- Can I share my portfolios among multiple logins?
Please contact us if you require this feature.
- What if I don't have a fixed IP, or if I use a proxy?
This is ok. The system does not use IP numbers to determine if separate computers
are being used. This is because IP numbers do not accurately reflect whether or
not a computer is unique.
- Why do you set two new cookies?
Two new cookies are set to identify your browser during your session (in addition
to previously existing WebLink cookies). One is a per-session cookie, and the other is
a disk cookie that expires after one day. As long as one cookies survives, you won't
be logged out. The disk cookie is used because a bug in some versions of Internet Explorer
can cause per-session cookies to be unavailable when a new browser window is opened.
The per-session cookie is used because many people run software that filters disk cookies.
- What gets stored in the cookies?
The cookies hold a random number, which expires after one day. It is used to
show that you are using just one computer at a time.
- What should I do if I have more questions about these changes?
Please contact us on 02 9495 8400 or email
email@example.com, and one of our
staff will answer your questions.
WebLink Pty Ltd •
ABN 52 071 220 847 •
weblink.com.au | quote.com.au